Thursday, August 7, 2008

Like breathing out and breathing in

One thing I've been wondering about is my prayer life. I think I've started to fall into praying when I want something, begging God and then adding in the "Will Clause", you know, the whole "only if it's Your will thing" but knowing you're gonna be mad if it doesn't happen to be in God's plan. So, over the next few days, I'm gonna study about praying. Paul says in Romans we are to "continue steadfastly in prayer" (Rom 12:12), and Jesus has a parable about how "men should not lose heart in prayer."

But how? How am I to know God is always there listening to every demand I make of Him? How can I change from making demands to sincerely seeking His will for my life? I'm going to be looking for answers to these questions and more. It should make for an interesting weekend.

No comments: