Thursday, April 10, 2008

Integrity

"Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for You."
Psalm 25:21
God has many, many ways of convicting. I have found that out in the past week. It seems every day something happens and it hits me that I'm not as I should be. Just last night, I taught the guys bible study we have every Wednesday, and I convicted myself during the lesson. In my last post, I said I wanted to find out what my reordered priorities should be. Of course, God is above all, and I have to make Him first in my life. As long as I can do that, the rest should fall in line. And the only way I can do that is by increasing my integrity. A lot.
I was recently given a model as to what a man of integrity is. I was extremely humbled, and I appreciate this man and all he does. And I know God put him in my life for the purpose of showing me this, providing me a model of integrity that I can strive for. I can only pray that I don't get in my own way of attaining this goal, of being the same man everywhere, no matter where I am or who I'm with. I have to let God work in me, and I tend to get in the way of Him.
That's my other issue. Pride. I have way too much. Whenever things start going the right way, I like to pat myself on the back. So, I have a request: don't give me any praise. If I do well at something, don't tell me. If I don't do well at something, tell me how I can improve. This is going to be difficult for me, because I enjoy receiving praise...we all do. But it tends to inflate my ego a little, and that's not good. I must decrease, He must increase. Please help me in this, and keep praying for me. And if you had anything to add, please do, I would appreciate any comments.

No comments: